Saturday, July 19, 2008

UNTITLED

You see.... I'm in a situation And crazy as it seems And hard as I try I can't walk away I simply can't walk away Call it guilt Call it a matter of convenience Call it and me what you will But I just can't walk away For you see There is someone with whom I share my bed But not my heart Don't get it twisted....he loves me And I love him In my own way Which is not the way he wishes to be But his wishes seem pure fantasy to me A dream that will never play into reality At least not for me How do you lay with one you don't love Knowing that what you'd love is to be anywhere Somewhere....just not here How do you pretend to love Knowing that it is a lie Not the way love should feel Deep and passionate....spiritual and strong Not forced and mechanical where it all seems so wrong ECHOES...ECHOES....echoes of emptiness Inside a hollow heart...tearing apart At the seams of shallowness When will this all end As I wonder how it all began? TOWANNA H. WILLIAMS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have to be honest with him, and you have to love yourself.

growth hurts, but maybe this is what you have to do to free yourself for that real love you want.

Imagine if it came along right now = how complicated would this make things??

Don said...

I think I've been in this situation myself, once or twice. I can't really offer any advice other than to say that love sounds like what it is, and who can quite figure out love.

Be strong.

Jermon E. Cooks said...

A woman's worth is as priceless as the air we breathe. Be honest with yourself and dont settle for the NOW, because your LATER may pass you by.