Sunday, May 18, 2008

A LOVE LIKE THIS

Never before have I known
A love quite like this
Existing only in the dimensions of my mind
These are the things that dreams are made of
Only in fairytales and in my fantasies
Because in my reality
Love has been many things
Jealous, abusive, controlling, unfaithful and unkind
Many I've loved in different ways
But never have I loved any man
The way that I love you
Yearning to take me places I've never been before
You are my shelter, my support
and my best friend
And have loved me through every condition
Thoughts of you flow endlessly throughout my bloodstream
Trickling through my veins
When I inhale literally I taste you
And I can't imagine living my life without you in it
You are forever in my system

1 comment:

Mozart Guerrier said...

keep pushing the pen. ... simply checking in poet!