Saturday, April 12, 2008

FRIDAYS FAVES

Hey everybody!
Today I'm introducing a new feature to the blog called "FRIDAYS FAVES".
Each week I'll list my favorite things that I'm "feeling" at the time....be it a new artist, a new recipe that I've tried or just some random thing that I like.
Be sure to check back every week...cause you never know....my FAV could become your favorite! And if you've got a favorite of your own you'd like listed- leave a msg.
FRIDAYS FAVES- (week of April 7th)
*FAV PICK #1- LEONA LEWIS*
This British import is the newest singing sensation co-signed to J Records/SyCo Music.
Lewis was the winner of the reality competition The X Factor (the British version of American Idol).
sidebar: "The X Factor" was actually the original version of "Idol" if you will and brainchild of the realest critic ever- Simon Cowell. After it's success Cowell decided to bring his show to America. I told y'all don't sleep on Simon- he is swag splashing for real!
Clive Davis recently invited Lewis to perform at his annual Pre-Grammy party, where he introduced her to an intimate audience of industry executives as the next musical superstar.
Known for his keen ear, Davis identified Fantasia, Alicia Keys and Carrie Underwood as future superstars when they were fresh-faced newcomers.
Since X Factor, Lewis has earned 4 nominations and critical acclaim for her album SPIRIT which was released in the UK this past November and quickly became the country's fastest selling debut album in history.
Though reminiscent of Mariah Carey in looks and vocal range & style, Lewis is making her own imprint. Her first single, "Bleeding Love" was produced by One Republic frontman Ryan Tedder.
Other noteworthy tracks on the album: "BETTER IN TIME"
*FAV PICK #2- "Down Home with The Neelys"
Everyone who knows me knows that I am just as passionate about cooking as I am about eating great food. Needless to say I spend alot of time watching The Food Network Challenge. :-)
Pat & Gina Neely were first introduced to The Food Network on another show "Road Tested".
"Road Tested" takes the sons of cook Paula Deen all across the country for a taste of some of America's best restaurants.
Pats family owns a few restaurants in the Tennessee area best known for their barbeque.
The difference between Pat's barbeque and his brother's is his "dry rub" style that has people lining up at the door to sample. After being featured on the show, Paula Deen brought The Neelys (Pat & Gina) on to her show and viewers fell in love with the chemistry between the couple. They were brought back as a whole (the entire Neely clan) for a few more episodes.
Shortly thereafter, they were given their own show.
They take recipes handed down from thier mothers & grandmothers and put their own twist on it. Recipes like Mama Jeans potato salad and the collard green artichoke dip they did today will have you salivating like Pookie in New Jack City. ("the greens be calling me man!")
Check them out every weekend on The Food Network (channel 55 for you Time Warner folks) or if you want to print out some of the recipes you can go to http://www.thefoodnetwork.com/
*FAV #3- climbing stairs (exercise)*
This week I've taking my health & exercise regiment to a WHOLE NUVA LEBEL (watch MAD TV)
A few co-workers and I decided to get in shape by repeatedly climbing the 9 flights of stairs in our parking garage .
This is a great workout for the quads, hamstrings and the booty maximus. :-)
Who says you have to spend a lot of money to look good?
For those of you on a budget who can't afford those monthly gym membership fees- try this workout for free. Get yourself a good pair of walking shoes and instead of going to In N' Out for lunch- grab a few co-workers and hit the stairs. Or find a local park in the area.... Find out if your company offers any free incentives. Our agency offers free yoga classes weekly. And on the weekend, I walk over to the local high school to hit the track. My wallet thanks me and so does my booty.
Well you guys- that does it for my few favs this week!
Let me know some of your favorites!
AddThis Feed Button

No comments: